Tenderfoot Rank Requirements
1. Present yourself to your leader, properly dressed, before going on an overnight camping trip. Show the camping gear you will use. Show the Right way to pack and carry it.
2. Spend at least one night on a patrol or troop campout. Sleep in a tent you have helped pitch.
3. On the campout, assist in preparing and cooking one of your patrol's meals. Tell why it is important for each patrol member to share in meal preparation and cleanup, and explain the importance of eating together.
4a. Demonstrate how to whip and fuse the ends of a rope.
4b. Demonstrate that you know how to tie the following knots and tell what their uses are: Two half hitches and the Taut-line Hitch.
5. Explain the rules of safe hiking, both on the highway and cross-country, during the day and at night. Explain what to do if you are lost.
6. Demonstrate how to display, raise, lower, and fold the American Flag.
7. Repeat from Memory and explain in your own words the Scout Oath, Law, Motto, and Slogan.
8. Know how to give your patrol yell, and describe your patrol flag.
9. Explain why we use the buddy system in scouting
10a. Record Your best in the following tests:
Standing Long Jump
10b. Show improvement in the activities listed in requirement 10a after practicing for 30 days.
11. Identify local poisonous plants; tell how to treat for exposure to them.
12a. Demonstrate the Heimlich Maneuver and tell when it is used.
12b. Show first aid for the following:
Simple Cuts and scratches
Blister on the hand and foot
Minor burns or scalds
Bites or Stings of Insects and ticks
Frostbite and sunburn
13. Demonstrate Scout spirit by living the Scout Oath and Scout Law in your everyday life.
14. Participate in a Scoutmaster Conference.
15. Complete your board of review.
If you have any Questions, Comments or Problems with the site please contact the Webmaster and I'll respond as quickly as possible